Damaged by Freedom Industries’ spill? You have until Aug. 1 to file your damage claim

If you suffered costs as a result of Freedom Industries’ contamination of WV American Water’s system, you can file a claim in the company’s current bankruptcy case.  It is not likely that you will recover all your damages, but you will receive something if your claim is verified.

You need to start by filing a claim with the bankruptcy court.  The deadline for filing your claim is August 1, 2014, in a little than two weeks.  Here is a link to the court’s Web site to start the process.

Last week, Charleston Gazette reporter Ken Ward noted that very few people have filed claims in the case.  If you have been damaged, if you had to buy water or you have medical bills or you had to replace plumbing or other items, file your claim now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>