Public comment hearings scheduled for water company rate case
The Public Service Commission issued an order yesterday setting out the schedule for WV American Water’s rate case. The Commission will be holding public hearings on the company’s proposed 28% rate increase in different parts of the state where the water company does business:
- Wednesday, Sept 30, 1pm and 6pm: Lewis County Courthouse, Old Circuit Courtroom, 2nd Floor, 110 Center Avenue, Weston, WV.
- Thursday, Oct 1, 1pm and 6pm: 519 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV
- Wednesday, Oct 7, 1pm and 6pm: Fayette County Courthouse, Circuit Courtroom, 100 Court Street, Fayetteville, WV
- Thursday, Oct 8, 1pm and 6pm: Mercer County Courthouse, Judge Sadler’s Courtroom, 2nd Floor, 1501 W. Main Street, Princeton, WV
- Monday, Oct 26, 6pm: Public Service Commission, 201 Brooks St., Charleston, WV
The Public Service Commission also, in a separate order, granted Advocates for a Safe Water System’s petition to intervene in the case, over the objections of WV American Water.